registration
technical program
author center
commitees
important dates
location
accomodations
news
contact
Welcome

Dear Colleagues,

Every four years, the engineering mechanics and materials communities of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and the Society of Engineering Science hold a joint conference. In 1997, it was held at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, and in 2001, it was held at University of California in San Diego, La Jolla, California.

I am pleased to announce that the 2005 Joint ASME/ASCE/SES Conference on Mechanics and Materials (McMAT2005) will be held in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, June 1st - June 3rd, 2005. This conference will have an emphasis on "Bridging of Length Scales for Damage Characterization and Assessment Systems" and will cover a broad spectrum of topics in solid and structural mechanics, materials, and fluid mechanics.

On behalf of the international organizing committee, it is my pleasure to invite you to participate in this important conference. If you are interested in presenting work at this conference, the deadline for submitting abstracts electronically through the "Author Center" is December 31, 2004. If you would like to organize a session in your area of research, please register your intent through the "Session Center" as soon as possible.

I am looking forward to the exciting exchange of information that will come about through the congress of three major engineering mechanics and materials communtities, and I am looking forward to meeting you in Baton Rouge in June 2005.

Best regards,

George Z. Voyiadjis
  mcmat2005@eng.lsu.edu